Saturday, January 15, 2011

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee

Already on this blog, when I read it over the summer. Just taught it... and read it again.

I'll let my students speak this time.

Kate: I think when I look back at eighth grade, you know, like in five years or something, I'm going to remember two things. The eighth grade play, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Lucy: I think anyone who's becoming a citizen should have to read this book, because it will teach them about our history, but it will also teach them that we're trying to make things better.

Tyree: I really didn't want to read this book because it's, well, a Classic. But I'm really glad I did.

Lesly: I read the beginning of it before and hated it. I wouldn't have read it if we hadn't had to read it in class, but I think reading it together really helped. Part 1 was kind of boring, but I loved part 2. (True, Lesly, Part 1 can be a little slow in places.)

Ned: I'm really surprised at how much I loved this book. Because it's, well, a Classic.

Keka: I disagree that Part 1 is boring. I love stories about summer and childhood and family, and that feeling that you can just kind of hang around and do nothing and invent games...

Rieza: I love this book! Even though I would normally never read a book like this. You know, a Classic.

1 comment: