Monday, February 8, 2010

Why Not Put It All In One Place?

I have lost track of all the places I've tried to log the books I've read. Some of the places I remember: the back pages of a Filofax that I used before I went digital, a notebook, several different Web apps, some that interfaced with Facebook, some stand alone, the independent reading site that I ask my students to use, but where I was the lone teacher posting...

I have been a voracious reader all my life... but when I finish a book, I tend to forget nearly everything about it, except whether I liked it or not. If I write a few sentences about it, I may remember a little more.

This site is really for me... to keep track. But I'm also hoping my reading friends may want to talk books here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm rereading three of my favorite books because I'm teaching them: Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart, Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes, and Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried. I don't have time to read a lot of new things, but I do love having a job that FORCES me to reread so many gems. Except the semesters I have to teach less thrilling stuff.

    Maybe this site will inspire me. I have The Glass Castle waiting for me if I can wedge it in, on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete